Sony Memory Sticks are detachable flash media utilized for saving data from phones, cameras, and even PSP game system. While flash memory cards are suitable, they have a leaning to become distorted if they are utilized constantly for much time. When Memory Stick is distorted you will be unable to open or change any of the data on card. Memory Sticks can be fixed by either reformatting card back or using repair software.
1. Put in Memory Stick into proper slot on PC memory card reader, and access the card with PC.
2. Try opening and changing many files on Memory Stick to make sure that problem does not lie with only a single tainted file. Close window if all files are not working appropriately.
3. Go to Resource links that gives a Memory Stick repair application. Download and mount an application like "Memory Stick Data Recovery" or else "Memory Card Repair".
4. In repair, tick "Browse" or "Upload" knob. Scroll the list of accessible devices and choose drive letter for Memory Stick. Tick "OK."
5. Click "Output" option. Click drive letter for Memory Stick if you want fixed files to be saved to memory card, or select a folder on hard drive if files must be saved to PC.
6. Click "Start" and wait for the program to try to fix Memory Stick and improve the tainted files. Open files on memory card to see if repair procedure was successful.
7. Shut recovery program if Memory Stick is still not working correctly. In Start menu, go to "My Computer."
8. Find Memory Stick's drive letter. Right mark drive letter as well as choose "Format." Click on the "Start" to format Memory Stick back to its factory settings.