I think you must try to update the display adapter driver which could also be the problem behind your problem. Ensure that you are logged on as an administrator.
1. Go to the Start Menu and open Control Panel then System and Maintenance.
2. Now open Device Manager and type password if it is required.
3. Now choose for the Display adapter in the Device Manager and double-click on the device name.
4. Click on the Driver tab and uninstall it.
5. Reboot the machine let it install the generic drivers.
6. Now you may go to the official web site of Microsoft to update the drivers for the device in which problem keep on.