This is a free control panel add-on that allows you select which programs begin with PC. It can be utilized for solving PC problems by permitting you to stop particular items from starting up and also permits to include new items to run on startup. It is like Microsoft System Configuration Utility that is built into Windows but permits you to do a little more fine tuning.
It works with many editions of Windows up to XP. It will insert an icon to Control Panel applets known as Startup where you can run program. There is also a separate version that permits you to run executable file and utilize program in correct way without installing it.
The program has six to seven tabs, based on PCs configuration. Every tab signifies one place where a program can be registered to run at system startup. These contain:
• Startup (user) – shows current user's Startup folder in Start Menu.
• Startup (common) – shows the common Startup folder in the Start Menu.
• HKLM / Run – shows Run registry key placed in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE which applies for all users.
• HKCU / Run – shows Run registry key placed in HKEY_CURRENT_USER which applies for current user only.
• Services – shows system services that are began before user logs in. This shows only in Win9x; on NT/2000/XP, utilize Services control panel, or Services item in Computer Management.
• Run Once – shows items that are began once only at the next system startup.
• Deleted – deleted programs go to Deleted tab when you eliminate them from another place. They will not run at system startup but if you delete an item from Deleted tab, it is permanently removed.
Every page has a list of programs registered at that place. Make use of checkbox to enable or disable individual items. Extra operations are accessible by right clicking an item. Options contain:
• New - make a new entry.
• Edit - edit an entry.
• Delete - delete an entry.
• Disable / Enable - disable or enable an entry. Uncheck the box next to an item to enable or disable it.
• Run Now - execute the program now.
• Send To - moves the item to other place.