How to Connect Multiple External HDDs
External HDDstore large amount of data which will not store on your main HDD or data that wants to be portable. You can attach an external HDD, fill it with data and after that attach the similar HDD to a second machine and access the data. You can even connect multiple USB or firewire storage devices through a daisy chain.
• Connect the HDD directly into your PC if you have sufficient ports. The simplest technique to attach multiple HDD to your PC is to connect them to the USB or firewire ports on your PC.
• Plug the external storage devices via a daisy chain if you come to an end of USB or firewire ports. With this technique you will only require one USB port or one firewire port available.
• Get a HDD with a port. Most USB or firewire HDD are tied in with a USB or firewire port built in. This port permits you to attach a secondary external storage device directly to the external HDD.
• Plug first HDD. Connect HDD with USB or firewire port to your PC.
• Connect the second HDD machine to the first HDD. Using a USB or firewire cable, plug the HDD into the port on the first HDD.
• Start your machine and check to ensure the HDD is connected correctly. Go to the My Computer icon, double click it and look for icons instead of both your external HDDs. HDD attached through a daisy chain should show up right away.
• Use your outdoor HDD. HDDattached via the daisy series can be used similar to any other USB or firewire HDDs.